The International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE) is a continually expanding group of scholars, policy professionals, students, advocates and activists interested in empowering and improving the well-being of women and other under-represented groups around the world. IAFFE is a non-profit organization that seeks to advance feminist inquiry of economic issues and to educate economists and others on feminist points of view on economic issues.
IAFFE has approximately 600 members in 43 countries. While the majority of IAFFE’s members are economists, the group also includes scholars in other disciplines, students, activists, and policy makers.
- To foster dialogue and resource sharing among economists and others from all over the world who take feminist viewpoints
- To advance feminist inquiry into economic issues
- To educate economists, policy makers, and the general public on feminist points of view on economic issues
- To foster evaluations of the underlying constructs of the economics discipline from feminist perspectives
- To aid in expanding opportunities for women, and especially women from under represented groups, within economics
- To promote interaction among researchers, activists, and policy makers in order to improve scholarship and policy
- To encourage the inclusion of feminist perspectives in the economic classroom
To find out more about IAFFE's members, history, and activities, click on the relevant item in the left menu bar.